I have heard that phrase " don't worry, be happy" so many times these past 3 weeks. This week God has taught me to stop worrying- to stop trying to plan my life out- to stop thinking "what if" but to let HIM take care of it. This past weekend God truly showed me that He is in control and to let Him take care of all the details, for me to just follow, He will not lead me astray. Thank you Heavenly Father- YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! In You i find my rest and everything all makes sense in YOU. I am happy why?!? Because i have my Father's joy in my heart!!! SO everyone- DON'T WORRY BE HAPPPPPPPYYYY! No precupes... estoy feliz!
Saturday Deaf gathering "CODAs" and then some...
It has been crazy busy/awesome this week. This past Saturday and Sunday, i went up to Utuado area to be with a Deaf church there. Saturday was a Deaf gathering at the Pastor's house and it was a BLAST! There were a total of 4 CODAs (including me) and around 28 people all together. It was GREAT and us CODAs and two peeps my age played lots of games, and i just spent time getting to know these CODAs. Usually, in a typical Deaf gathering, the CODAs always stick together and just do whatever it takes not to be bored while the parents socialize. These Deaf are so accepting of me, they get excited when they see me and i praise God for the relationships we are building together. Then on Sunday we went to church (this Deaf group doesn't have Deaf church on Sundays because of not having an inside place to meet- so once in a while they join the hearing church). It was Mother's day so a total of 8 Deaf went to church. Sandra, being a CODA, of course is asked to interpret the service- she did a GREAT job!Everyone wanted me to interpret the service but i was doubtful of my interpreting from Spanish to PR sign language hahaha- but another lady helped Sandra. I see a lot of myself in Sandra- she is practically like my little sister. I praise God for a chance to disciple her.I told her how much God has done through her and what He will do. Sandra told me how she is really glad i am here...... that really blessed me when she told me that.
A peek of Saturday :o)
Sandra and I on the bridge

I stayed with the Santiago family until Monday because of the bad storms that were in our area. I didn't complain because i got to spend more time with their family :)
I also got an amazing e-mail from a Deaf lady who has just been so sweet to me.
She shared her testimony with me and gave me permission to share:
I 'm from Panama. My family goes to the Catholic Church and I did the same since I was a little girl. I didn't feel or understand anything. I married to my husband through the catholic church, because that was the wish of my family. I prayed and worshipped the Virgin Mary.
My husband accepted Jesus a long time ago but he was away from Him, and when he saw that I worshipped the Virgin Mary he started to read the Bible and teach me about Jesus. From Panama I brought pictures of the Virgin Mary and the Rosary. He felt angry and took me to church deaf and I start learn more from Jesus. A lady named Heather teach me that God doesn't want us to worship idols because He is jealous God that wants us to love and serve Him.
My husband continued to teach me the bible every night and one night I accepted Jesus in my heart as my savior. A little time ago I decided to be baptized to show others my love for Jesus. I felt the love and affection of all in my church when they came to hug me and salute me. Today and for the Glory of God my husband is leader of our church and both of us are part of the church choir.
The choir director Susue one sunday told us that she would be glad if we sung in the choir. Both of us felt in our heart that we wanted to serve the Lord through music, carrying the message with our hands. Today we sing to Him with love.
Bethany, a young woman of USA, visited our church three months ago and was of inspiration to me. She visited my home and we studies the Bible together. I'm very happy for all I have learned and I'm full of joy. I want to stay in Puerto Rico and learn more and more. I thank God for my husband.
My husband accepted Jesus a long time ago but he was away from Him, and when he saw that I worshipped the Virgin Mary he started to read the Bible and teach me about Jesus. From Panama I brought pictures of the Virgin Mary and the Rosary. He felt angry and took me to church deaf and I start learn more from Jesus. A lady named Heather teach me that God doesn't want us to worship idols because He is jealous God that wants us to love and serve Him.
My husband continued to teach me the bible every night and one night I accepted Jesus in my heart as my savior. A little time ago I decided to be baptized to show others my love for Jesus. I felt the love and affection of all in my church when they came to hug me and salute me. Today and for the Glory of God my husband is leader of our church and both of us are part of the church choir.
The choir director Susue one sunday told us that she would be glad if we sung in the choir. Both of us felt in our heart that we wanted to serve the Lord through music, carrying the message with our hands. Today we sing to Him with love.
Bethany, a young woman of USA, visited our church three months ago and was of inspiration to me. She visited my home and we studies the Bible together. I'm very happy for all I have learned and I'm full of joy. I want to stay in Puerto Rico and learn more and more. I thank God for my husband.
Praise God for her LIFE and for her testimony. No more idol worship but she found a Father who loves her and adores her. Thank you for sharing this testimony with me.
Then, Tuesday was back to planning for the CODA youth retreat. Some dates have been changed- it was going to be May 28, 29 &30 but i decided to have a slumber party for "CODA ladies" in the office aka my house aka my hizzle. Then the Youth CODA retreat will be June 11-12. Continue to pray for these upcoming dates. Next post i will post the dates of all the events during the summer :) OH YEAH- great news!!!! My dad, step mom & 3 siblings are coming to Puerto Rico in July. They will be here for 2 weeks, and i'm super pumped! They will be visiting my step mom's family and helping me do some mission work!
Wednesday i drove back to the Santiago house and went to Deaf church in Florida. Sandra and I co-taught some CODA children- which was amazing. Church was a lot of fun and we even got to play tag/ Frisbee outside yay! God is doing amazing things, things i could not even imagine. Then of course, i came back to the office early Thursday morning- and it is 1 & 15 minute drive back to Ponce (if i don't get lost). I wish you could see all of what i see when i drive through these mountains. The view is breathtaking and God truly humbles me. God shows me glimpses of what Heaven will be like- and it really gets me excited!
I leave you with a song that i love, i heard it at church this past Sunday. I love it because i know it in English, i can play it on the guitar, i now know the words in Spanish, and it's about how deep the Father's love is for us! Enjoy!
Profundo Amor
Inmenso Amor
Perfecto Amor
Amor sin par
Tu amor es:
Mas profundo que la mar
Mas sublime que soƱar
Es mas alto que lograr
Las estrellas alcanzar
Quien podra separarnos
Quien podras separarnos de Tu amor
No podran separarnos
No podran separarnos de Tu amor
Inmenso Amor
Perfecto Amor
Amor sin par
Tu amor es:
Mas profundo que la mar
Mas sublime que soƱar
Es mas alto que lograr
Las estrellas alcanzar
Quien podra separarnos
Quien podras separarnos de Tu amor
No podran separarnos
No podran separarnos de Tu amor
No comments:
Post a Comment