Thursday, May 6, 2010

even in the hard moments- HE REIGNS!

~Hosanna... Hosanna.... Hosanna in the highest......~

I do not even know where to start- I just have to say that these past two weeks since i have last written have hit us hard. This week has truly shown me that even among the chaos and the confusion that HE STILL REIGNS OVER ALL. I praise God for showing me this- because He holds us in the palm of His hand.

“These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.” John 16:33

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah. Psalm 46:1-3,7"

Last Monday i woke up and was SO sick. I have no idea what was going on with my body, i really think it something that i ate but it took me a couple of days to recover. I am so thankful that the missionaries took me into their house and took care of me during this time. I forgot what it feels like to be completely helpless and how i hate it. I needed to rest and i got to- praise be to God. I finally got back to into the groove of things and then the next day David, the missionary was hit hard with sickness.At the same time, 4 of our ministry vehicles broke down. It has been one thing after another- satan really was/is trying to get to us, to make us discouraged and to make us give up. But the BEST news is- we haven't given UP!!!

This past weekend- all i did (and Jason too) was drive around every single vehicle our ministry has to the mechanic. Be proud of me- driving an 18-passenger around Puerto Rico is FUN stuff. It was good practice for me to drive around these huge vans on small/busy streets. Even through the stress of making decisions for the missionaries about the cars- i realize that i'm not only here for being with the CODA( kids/youth) i am here to serve in any aspect and in anyway i can. It was such an encouragement to be able to help the missionaries when they couldn't do this because of all the doctor visits and doctor orders. Also, i am so thankful for Jason because i could have not done all this on my own. Jason really is such a blessing to Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries and i really wouldn't know what to do without him here. I am glad that God knows what and who is needed in having "His" task completed (even when it's dealing with cars haha).

Also, this past week i got to participate in Relevo por la vida (relay for life). It was amazing to see SOO many people walk for this cause. I went with Melody and we had a grand ol' time- we even got friendships bracelets (what what- don't' be jealous). It was great getting out and see the community of Ponce gather together like this. And this week i have been going to Zumba class- let me tell you, I LOVE IT! It is so much fun gathering at the pier doing exercise classes in Spanish- i'm learning new vocabulary ja ja ja!

I woke up early Sunday morning, picked up people, and drove 2 hours to another Deaf church to have a joint service.Church on Sunday was really great.I got to announce the CODA youth retreat coming up (May 28,29 & 30th) and everyone is really pumped!! I got to spend time with the 4 CODAs (especially in the van)that i have gotten really close to and just to see them SMILE at me just uplifts me. After a total of 4 hours of driving (which i am so thankful for another member of the church who was willing to drive the 18-pass van) i arrived in Ponce (aka my hizzle "house" haha). I got to go to a birthday fiesta Sunday night. If you truly know me, you would know that BIRTHDAYS ARE MY FAVORITE!!! Even if it is not your birthday, i will tell you happy birthday once in a while :). My friend, Cristina, turned 20 woot woot. I had so much fun hanging out with her and her friends. They are crazy fun and for her to invite me to her birthday party really meant a lot to me. I am so blessed to have met the people i have in Puerto Rico.


how could you not smile after seeing these girls?
Cristina and me @ her fiesta.

You probably already knew this but it's already MAY! Honestly, this year has passed by so fast. Last year, around this time, i graduated from Gardner-Webb University and i can't fathom it. Here i am a year later, in Puerto Rico, doing what God has called me to do all along. I am so thankful for Gardner-Webb and the people i have met there. It's funny to think how God prepares us because when i was younger, i never even dreamed of doing this, i would have never dreamed of going to the places i have already been to. God you're amazing! Without God- i am nothing.
Even though these past two weeks have been so hard- i have smiled and laughed a LOT. I have some pretty amazing, witty people around me. I am so thankful to have people who make me smile and just love me. I am so thankful for you all- my family and friends. David told a pastor today while showing him all my pictures on the walls, " Ezelis is such a family person- she just LOVES people, and loves being around them. " I do love people, i love doing things, i love smiling, and i love laughing :) In this ministry at times, i have to do things alone- it does get lonely at times, but in those moments i am learning how to cherish the time that i have had here and that i'm never alone-God is with me. May all the HONOR go to our Father in Heaven!

Praises:

  • I received a second money donation for the CODA ministry here.|
  • I'm building closer relationships with people.
  • i am over my sickness.
  • i get to spend time with 6 CODAs this weekend in florida, PR.
  • David & Marsha's daughter is coming in to visit with them and be a support for them as David goes to the doctor to figure out a diagnosis.
  • I can drive an 18-passenger van in Puerto Rico woot woot.

Prayer Request
  • David's health and Marsha as she helps him.
  • Our ministry dealing with electical and vechile problems.
  • CODA youth retreat on May 28-30- pray for college students to HELP (i need a team and right now i have no one to help me teach).
  • This Saturday and Sunday i will be going back to the mountains and working with some CODAs. Pray that they will open up and learn something new about God.
amor y besos en Cristo

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you got sick, but I'm glad you're healthy again! Praise God for bringing you through these hard times, and I pray He will continue to do so (as we both trust He will).
    Love you,
    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete