Saturday, April 24, 2010

Whatever we do out of love for Christ, is ministry

Hillsong United- Saviour King
"Let now our hearts burn with a flame
A fire consuming all for your Son's holy name
And with the heavens we declare
You are our king

We love you Lord, we worship You, You are our God, you alone are good"

This week has been flown by so quickly- This past Tuesday was my 2 months of being in Puerto Rico. I cannot believe it has been 2 months already. The Lord has been so good and He has really been teaching me so much. I am so thankful to have amazing friends here in Puerto Rico. Without them, i really wouldn't know how my experiencewould be like. I thank GOD FOR THEM- there are moments when i really miss my family and friends (of course that is normal- i think something would be wrong with me if i didn't miss them ja ja ja). I praise God for the relationships i have built here- within these 2 months a few doors have opened.

In this video i am driving ( i know i really shouldn't drive and record at the same time but i just couldn't resist- i learned it from my daddy ha ha). On Wednesday i got to venture out all by myself and drive into the mountains to stay with this family- so i could go to church with them in Florida, PR ( yes, there is a Florida here ha ha). I used my GPS and of course it would lead me to drive on the one road that the missionaries did not want me to go on- IT WAS super super tiny- only allowing one car to come down the road. Not even to mention all the potholes that were in my way. This video is not that particular road- but the missionaries were surprised that i found my way to the family's house in the mountains. I praise God that i made it alive to their house ha ha. I enjoyed the drive so much and i think i can become a professional mountain driver now hooray! I got to work with 2 CODA teens and it was so fun. The ages of the girls were 14 and 12. The 12 year old, in the past, really wouldn't speak to me- but she truly opened up and was chatting with me. We focused in 1 Corinthians 13 about love and 2 Timothy about being on fire for God. It went really well. After the Bible study, we had joke time! Some of the time, i wouldn't even understand the joke, but if you really know me- i laughed at it regardless. Soon, i am planning to go back and spend time with the teen CODAs. I am thinking slumber party-i mean who doesn't love slumber parties?

the fog on the way up to Utuado- 1pm (hitting the clouds)
Driving back to Ponce

Then Thursday, early early early morning, i drove back to Ponce. Let me tell you- i saw a glimpse of what Heaven would be like on the drive down. In Utuado there is a river/dam and on that tiny road i looked over and saw it! I saw the sunlight shining over the mountain, the river flowing lightly, and birds flying. At that moment, i felt such peace and JOY! I couldn't help but sing praises to God all the way to Ponce. Later that day in the office, I had a friend, Valerie, stop by to visit me. She is so in love with God and so humble. I feel as though i have known her forever- she is about to graduate in May with a degree in Speech Therapy ( she can help me with my Spanish too ha ha). I just keep praising God for bringing me more friendships. Also, Jason and I got to work together on this day- which was tons of fun. We had to call AAA to get one of our vans towed. Pray for our vehicles- sometimes they just stop working on us, but the Lord is good and He always provides.
I just love everyone i do ministry with and everyone i meet.

jason got to help with the moving of the van- way to go!

Friday was really relaxing "my day off" so i went shopping! Don't worry i didn't spend too much. I am just trying to figure out whenever God calls me back to the states, how i am going to fit everything back into my 2 suitcases? Friday night, my friend Melody picked me up for church. This night truly blessed me so much. The youth group at this church are so active and so encouraging to me. They had praise and worship and of course my favorite thing that i have never even thought of. After the worship sets, there would be a short drama (intense things such as fitting in, eating disorders, sin, and etc) then a person would come up and say, "That was my life- that was me and now God has saved me." Those short dramas were their testimony, it was so powerful and beautiful. These people were not ashamed of sharing who they were and who they are NOW! AMEN! I praise God for showing me this idea and how i can use this with the CODAs this summer during camp. Then to top off the night- one of my favorite songs that i love to play on guitar and sing was sung. Better yet, i knew the words in Spanish so i could sing along and i felt such joy! Below is the link of you want to hear it and see the words in Spanish. It is by Hillsong United " Solo Cristo".



Today (Sunday)- i went to church and worked with my 4 CODAs. They were so amazing today- they actually listened to me and would clean up when i told them too. They were such a blessing today and i can see how excited they are to be in class with me. God is so amazing- to see what has been done has put me in awe! We played with blocks, play dough and got to talk about Noah (Noe) but next Sunday we will get to talk more about Noah since our time ran out. After church, a couple asked me to come to their house to have lunch with a few Deaf from the church. I felt so honored to be able to be invited. We had a blast having fellowship at their house and i felt so blessed. I have missed being around family, i miss my family. I woke up this morning thinking- how i miss after church "family time". God really blessed me with them inviting me over. For them to invite me into their house shows they accept me and this is wonderful! Look at our fun picture time we had together before we left to go home.
This week has been fun, great memories have been made, new friendships have been made, and more things to come....
Dios le bendiga!


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're having fun AND being used by God. Isn't it remarkable how often those two coincide? :-)
    Besos,
    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The whole time I imagined you at the family's house after church, hearing you laugh with them. So good! Prayers for you, and please don't take any more videos while driving (though I confess it made me happy to think of driving on the right side of the road. Here, they drive crazy on the left...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i loved it! So, Gena walked into the room right as i started the video and was like, "what are you doing"... i had to explain that it was a video you recorded WHILE driving! she and I appreciated the view - so beautiful! its wonderful to hear how your relationships witht he people are deepening and growing! God's totally using you friend! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie- amen sister! besos a ti tambien. :) Thanks for being wonderful!

    Kevin- Okay okay, just for you i won't do that again :) U be safe with those crazy indian drivers- i can imagine what it is like. The streets are tiny here that it's impossible to move haha- i bet it is the same in India. I miss you brother and i pray for you :)

    Brittany- haha, tell Gena i said HIII! Wow, i am so glad you enjoyed it. thanks for your support and love friend. miss you and you graduate soon ekkk yay!

    ReplyDelete