Tuesday, April 6, 2010

what a wonderful day- what a glorious day today

I love sitting on the shoreline of the ocean. Every time i go nearby to my favorite place ever La Guncha (the beach/boardwalk) i sit and just stare out into the ocean. I feel such peace in being here and I'm so blessed to know i am here at the right moment in my life.
~Hallelujah!
I’m caving in
Hallelujah!
I’m in love again
Hallelujah!
I’m a wretched man
Hallelujah!
Every breath is a second chance
And it is always yours
And I am always yours ~

By: Switchfoot "Always"

God has been doing so much, even more than i can see with my own eyes. If only you could see what i see here- your heart would be astonished. Holy week was a bit stressful but worth every bit of stress i experienced. I prepared all that i could for the children and youth on Good Friday- i still felt unprepared because i did not know what to expect. God, being so wonderful like He always is, provided me with 5 amazing helpers. I had my good friend, Melody help me and 2 other new girls (my same age) helped. The other 2 helpers were Deaf and they worked with the smaller children doing crafts and etc. I do not know what i would have done without my helpers. Last week i asked for your prayers- and God blessed them and provided :) There were about 20 kids that were there and they were excited! We played games outside ( i used my Centri-Kid Rec manual haha oh how i miss camp). We had Bible Study and we talked about Easter. I had the plastic eggs and explained to them what it really meant, that Easter isn't all about the candy, they bunny, and new clothes but it is about JESUS! He died for us because He loved us. He died for us so we could be with HIM FOREVER! He died for us to forgive us for our sin! Now that is true LOVE- Love found a way! Praise God!! 260 Deaf, 20 kids, not sure how many youth- they were counted in the 260- around 20 people received Jesus and 20 re commitments. Now this was all worth it!!! It was worth driving around the island, getting things gathered last minute, picking up a family, spending a total of 6 hours on the road that day, stopping at a gas station to buy cheese puffs for the kids in my car, signing a love song for God, sweating non-stop, cleaning-up all the trash, seeing people i have met in these 2 months coming to worship God.... it was all worth it!!! Praise God for His never ending love!

*For the LORD is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations*
Psalm 100:5



Easter Sunday was lovely- i woke up super early and i was exhausted. I could not sleep the night before, all this week i could not sleep well- i would have bad dreams (which are rare) and they would wake me up. Also, since this was such an important week in our ministry, i would wake up panicking thinking i overslept and it would be 3am, 5am, 6am then it was time to wake up at 6:30am on Easter morning. As i pushed myself out of bed- i just thought to myself- HE IS RISEN!! That was enough for me, i got my energy and got on the road. I picked a family in Cabo Rojo and we went to a Deaf church in Aguadilla. There were 45 people in that room Deaf and Hearing. It was so wonderful- we were having a joint service that day with the hearing. Before we went into the service with the hearing, we had a time of praise. They asked me to sign a song since they knew me from Friday and loved my signing praise. I signed and it was amazing- i cannot describe to you the feeling i get when i sign praises to God. It's my intimate time with my Father and people are so blessed by it. This encourages me! God is so good! Service was amazing. The hearing in this church are so supportive of the Deaf. The family i picked up loved the service and really loved the fellowship with other Deaf. I will be going back to that church to teach the CODAs- there are about 8 of them there :)

Easter Sunday we are all CODAs

This past week has been so good. This week i am prepping for SUMMER!! can you believe it? I am planning for youth retreats and children retreats. Continue to pray for this ministry. Pray that God gives me His wisdom to do what HE wants me and this ministry to do. Also, my friend Brittany is coming on FRIDAY! I can't wait :)

Grace and Peace

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your Easter was spectacular!
    I pray the Lord blesses you in a remarkable way this week, too. :-)
    Con amor,
    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie-
    you always know exactly what to say to encourage me! blessings to you sister!!

    ReplyDelete