I am sitting in the Altanta airport and i am already experiencing blessings from the Lord. God just puts me in awe of what He does and how He works everything for the good of those who love Him (romans 8:28). First of all, I am so blessed to have people support me through encouragement and their act of kindness. I just sit here and just really look at this experience of me being able to go to Puerto Rico. It does not only affect me but my friends and family. They can see the heart and the passion that I have for Puerto Rico, CODAs, Deaf & hearing but I pray that they not only see that passion He has placed in me but that they will discover THEIR calling and GO FOR IT. They know the work the Lord has done for the past year with this island and when I have an opportunity to go back everyone is so SUPPORTIVE! I need that support and I am so grateful for it. I am overwhelmed with the love that is shown to me- I think this past year I have experienced a love that is SO new and so pure; it’s the love of God that is shown through other people. A love that is so genuine that is comes from CHRIST alone and that type of love is overwhelmingly great. It is like you can’t breathe because you are so excited and filled with JOY. IF you haven’t experienced this type of LOVE I pray that you will ask the LORD to reveal it in your life. Once you have tasted this true joy and true love, you will never need anything else to satisfy. Christ is that satisfactions you are looking for- He is the answer TO EVERYTHING!
The blessing I have experienced already, my friends being so supportive of me and assisting me to go to the airport. Jack brought me to the airport this morning- even though he slept a total of 4 hours he was willing to drive me to Charlotte, NC and sit with me, joke with me and look at my pictures with me until it was time for me to go into my gate. To hear him say he will be praying for me just blessed me so much. I am so blessed to know that people think and pray for me. He has a servant’s heart and I am so grateful for him.
When I finally got through Security (which is always hectic for me because I always wear complicated things like jewelry, sandals, belt, laptop.. etc) I finally got my stuff together and boarded on my first flight to Atlanta. Hannah sat beside me, a college student from Florida, and we became instant friends. WE really were excited because we discovered we are both sisters in CHRIST J Amen! We talked the whole way which made the flight to Atlanta seem like 5 minutes. When we landed, we decided we need some coffee to keep us alive throughout our next flight. It was such a joy to be able to share with someone my age and relate to a stranger. The funny thing is, we are not strangers anymore but we left each other as friends who will pray for each other and sisters in Christ. She was such a blessing and so encouraging, she even bought my coffee (Hannah if you are reading this- I will buy your next coffee when we fly to Europe hehe). The Lord is so good!!!!
As I try to let time pass in this airport, I check my Facebook on my phone and I just see my family members pour love all over me. I see my friends putting messages on my wall telling me how they are praying for me and praying for Puerto Rico. Praying for these Deaf and CODAs. Puerto Rico is a part of me now, missions is a part of me, people are important to me. I just pray that God is touching you to be a part of ministry? Are people important to you? If we know Christ, why aren’t we loving people around us? Just a thought- once you start showing the love of Christ- people will never be the same.
April 16th- Now I am officially in Puerto Rico and I am loving every moment. Bob Bell came and picked me up. It was a blessing to see his kind face. Then we met David and Marsha and it was so great to see their loving faces. When I came on the island it felt like I have never left. Everything just seemed to pick up right back to where it was. I haven’t got to see many Deaf or CODAs yet but I will be going to Aguadilla church in the morning. I am SO EXCITED!!!! Also tonight I got to hang out with the coolest Puerto Rican guy I know, Jason Prada. We just picked up right where we left off- it feels so good to be back “home”. It am so blessed I can call this my other home. I love catching up with these people that I love.
Love you all- oxoox I will keep you all updated! Muah!
No comments:
Post a Comment