Monday, March 28, 2011

I CAN'T STOP SMILING!


Hello EvErYoNe!!! I am back :) I did not realize how long it has been since i last blogged. I could never get myself to acutally sit down and blog about life. Now i really have something to blog about and that is... (drum roll please)
I'm going to PUERTO RICO next month!!!
I am so excited i cannot contain myself. I cannot stop smiling because i get to visit with my friends, the Deaf, my CODAs, and etc! Let me tell you first of all why i am going back and how long i will be there.

David and Marsha Mitchell (the missionaries) called me about the Deaf Crusade on April 22, 2011 (Good Friday). If you have been keeping up with my blog for the past year, you will remember that was my first encounter with most the CODAs on the island. They wanted to know if i could come back and help with the CODAs. When i heard this the first thing that came out of my mouth was, "YES, i would absolutely LOVE to come and assist." They were praying that night in their leadership meeting that i would be available to come. The Deaf leaders mentioned my name many times and all David could say is just pray! When i told them "YeS", they all leaped with joy. They are such a blessing to me because they remembered me. When i start thinking about ministry and when people remember me; i pray that they remember GOD in me. I pray that they remembered what God did through the CODA and Deaf family ministry that He allowed me to be a part of. GLORY TO GOD for His goodness and His wonderful works that He has already done and what HE will do!
Ever since i've been back in the states- i have this longing in my heart to return to Puerto Rico because i know the work that the Lord started there with the CODAs was not finished.
I will be in Puerto Rico April 14-25th. Who knows what the future has in store for me returning again for a while- i wouldn't mind at all :)
Right now i am getting in touch with some of my helpers in Puerto Rico to ask them if they can assist me in helping with the Deaf Crusade for our Easter Service. I remember last year we had a LOT of CODAs and i know that helpers are much needed. Your prayer and support would be greatly appreciated! Here are a few things you can pray for:
Prayer Request
* The Lord will provide enough helpers with the CODAs.
* For the Lord to reveal what He wants to be taught to them (The DEAF and CODAS).
*Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries and financial support.
*For all the Deaf & their families during the Crusade to be touched by His mercy and LOVE like never before!!!
*Safe Travels to the Crusade (we will be picking up Deaf all around the island this will take hours but it is so worth it.)
*To be wise in how i spend my time while i'm there for 11 days.

Again- i'm so excited! I can't wait to see my Puerto Rican Family and to get a million hugs from EVERYONE even the strangers in the airport :) jajaja!

I will keep you updated on the plans for Puerto Rico for the next month. Thanks for your love and support that you all have shown me!

You all probably are wondering what i have been doing since i've been in back in the states. I am living in South Carolina with my sister, Nicole & her sweet family. I am a freelance interpreter and i work mostly for the South Carolina School for the Deaf as a Community & Educational Interpreter. This job has been a blessing and the Lord really does provide. I have spent a lot of time with my family and my friends. I have met some new people through my job and through mutal friends. I am just living life by the moment and my heart desire is to do what God wants. While i am "just living life" i am reminded of something my English teacher Ms. Bell told me and it has never left me. She said, "Ezelis, no matter what you do in life (be a teacher, interpreter, etc etc) it will always be a ministry." Thanks Ms. Bell for letting God use those words to impact my view on life. My life is my ministry- my family, friends, interpreting has been my ministry for the past 3 months. Can you believe it? It has been 3 months since i've left Puerto Rico. I am so blessed that God has brought this oppertunity to go back and to love on these people once more!

Until then oxox &..OLE!

1 comment:

  1. Congatulations!

    I'm going to borrow what Ms. Bell said and be encouraged by it!

    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete