
My Puerto Rican Family!
Matthew 16:24-27
24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 25 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. 26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.
My sweet amigas before dropping me at the airport.
Valerie, Cristiana, Vilmaire y yo
All of my amazing friends at the airport- lots of tears and many hugs!!!
Under the stars the night before i left and i didn't pack until 11:30pm that night.
Gracias a Dios por Vil & Val que me ayudaron a empacar mis suitecase.
(Praise be to God for Vil & Val who helped me pack my suitcase).
Staying out late soaking up all the memories of 2010!
What could i possibly say?
I am so blessed. I am so honored and most importantly i am so humbled.
It has been a month since Ive left a---
* beautiful island
* beautiful people
* amazing friends & family who were once strangers......
and ETC!
I am back to South Carolina; back to where i was in the beginning when i was deciding whether or not to answer the call God had for my life in 2010. I cannot begin to express to you how much God changed my life in Puerto Rico. God has really shown me HE is a GOD of LOVE and that i can trust HIM in every single detail in my life.
If you go back to the top- you will find Matthew 16:24-27! I think about my life and what it means to truly " if i lose my life for HIS sake- i will find it 'life'"- and i have tasted it! It is the sweetest thing i have ever tasted and i desire for MORE! God's plan for my life is so much greater than what i could ever fathom for myself. I just desire GOD! Some people may not understand why i do the things i do ( i am just simply following my Father and His wants for my life). I am made for something greater and right now i may not exactly know what that is or where i'll be 6 months from now- but i do know that HE holds me in HIS hands! Pray for me as decisions are being made for the future; there is a possibly returning to Puerto Rico to serve once again- if so this round of service will involve so much MORE :) That would mean more prayer support, more financial support, and more encouragement in the Body of Christ. God is doing SO many things around the earth.
I want to praise God for my friends: Caitlin answering the call and teaching English in Spain at at Christian school (she leaves in one week), Peter who is answering the call of ministry in Guatemala (Coordinating many events, growing the ministry there with his passion for the Lord) and for Rachel who will be moving to Honduras in a year or so to work with the DEAF! There are so many people i know who are on fire for missions, who are on fire for GOD, and who are seeking after HIS WILL! It takes a lot of guts to just give up your life (what you had planned) and turn your dreams over to God and say, "God, here is my life- it's YOURS." There is a quote that i love and it said, "If you give God your mind, He will blow it for you."Dreams are worth the wait, risk and time. God's dreams will knock you to the floor with amazing awe. So i challenge you ALL- give your life completely to God and let Him put you in awe- give Him a chance to let you taste something so amazing. HIS LOVE NEVER FAILS and He never fails us.
I truly miss all the Deaf & CODAs in Puerto Rico- not only have they made a big impact on my life but the more i am here the more i realize what God has done through me in the ministry of PRDM. Praise be to the Father for all He has done! I know it isn't over- there is more to come :) Pray for me, Pray for Puerto Rico, Pray for all the needs that are everywhere, and pray for a unity of the Body of Christ to join hands and win this WORLD for Christ!!!!
Since i have returned to the states-i have been to the following states; Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and of course South Carolina (all less than a month). I have seen most of my lovely family and it has been such a joy being with them "in real life". I got to spend Christmas and New Years with my loved ones. I have gotten to see some of my close friends from the University and my best friend from elementary school. I have to put some pictures up of them :)
Dad & me in 2011 ----------------------------my Louisiana familia- we like to have fun!
Best friend since 1st grade- Miranda and my 5 Best friends from GWU
i am so blessed and i am so humbled once again for the love the FATHER has lavished upon me. I will continue to keep this blog and update you about where GOD is taking me on His incredible journey. I will keep you updated about Puerto Rico & what God gets me involved here in good ol' South Carolina. I will updated you all on a youth trip i got to be a part of since i've been in the states but....
Until then- oxoxox!
Dios les bendiga!
Your name is still on the map in the prayer room pointing to Puerto Rico. I didn't have the heart to take it down because I know your heart is still there!
ReplyDelete<>< Katie
Katie- thank you so much :) you are so right!
ReplyDeletelove ya friend! I hope to see you real soon!
Dios te bendiga!