Thus is the life of the missionary, so I found out with Ezelis. I guess I did know how the missionary lives, but I found out the real, up-close reality of it. From long drives to teaching, I think I have experienced pretty much everything Ezelis has and she has no idea how much of a blessing that has been. I have learnt things that no book could have taught me and other things I have learnt, that I have not yet recognized it's full value until I use them. God has used Ezelis to teach me many things.
Having a third person view, not being the teacher (Ezelis) or being the person taught (C.O.D.A.'s), I could observe the blessing Ezelis was being and the effect God was causing through her. Let me tell you, you probably already know, but Ezelis is one of a kind. God has given to her abilities that work together perfectly for being a missionary here in Puerto Rico, with C.O.D.A.'s. She has the not-very-common ability to laugh at herself, so that when she talks to fast-Spanish-speaking-puertoricans she can go: "Si", nod her head, and go "Sandra! What did he say?" and then laugh at herself. She's funny that way.
An anecdote: On the first day of camp Ezelis realized she had left her camera's memory chip on the laptop. What was the problem? The laptop was in Ponce. And we were in Arecibo. So, it was equal to being in North Carolina and realizing you left your cellphone in South Carolina (This is slightly exaggerated, Puerto Rico is not that big). Sort of sucks doesn't it. We climbed in the minivan and drove to Walmart, using a GPS that was messed up, a old map and asking people. Eventually we got there, bought a memory chip and left. Halfway back to camp, we put the chip inside the camera and found out it didn't work. We went back, changed it, found it didn't work either, changed it again and finally found one that the camera actually recognized. All the while, going back and forth across Walmart, getting from the electronics department to the return department and from the return department to the electronics department.
When we finally got out of Walmart, we were foolish enough to trust the GPS and it took us to some weird road (After that we stopped trusting it). But, finally, after three and a half hours we got back to camp, with a memory chip that worked. God is good.
This summer has been very special, God did really spice it up. Any plan that I might had made by myself could not have been as blessed as God's. I say again, God is good.
I guess this is it. I won't keep writing, or I will spend the whole afternoon in front of the laptop.
Having a third person view, not being the teacher (Ezelis) or being the person taught (C.O.D.A.'s), I could observe the blessing Ezelis was being and the effect God was causing through her. Let me tell you, you probably already know, but Ezelis is one of a kind. God has given to her abilities that work together perfectly for being a missionary here in Puerto Rico, with C.O.D.A.'s. She has the not-very-common ability to laugh at herself, so that when she talks to fast-Spanish-speaking-puertoricans she can go: "Si", nod her head, and go "Sandra! What did he say?" and then laugh at herself. She's funny that way.
An anecdote: On the first day of camp Ezelis realized she had left her camera's memory chip on the laptop. What was the problem? The laptop was in Ponce. And we were in Arecibo. So, it was equal to being in North Carolina and realizing you left your cellphone in South Carolina (This is slightly exaggerated, Puerto Rico is not that big). Sort of sucks doesn't it. We climbed in the minivan and drove to Walmart, using a GPS that was messed up, a old map and asking people. Eventually we got there, bought a memory chip and left. Halfway back to camp, we put the chip inside the camera and found out it didn't work. We went back, changed it, found it didn't work either, changed it again and finally found one that the camera actually recognized. All the while, going back and forth across Walmart, getting from the electronics department to the return department and from the return department to the electronics department.
When we finally got out of Walmart, we were foolish enough to trust the GPS and it took us to some weird road (After that we stopped trusting it). But, finally, after three and a half hours we got back to camp, with a memory chip that worked. God is good.
This summer has been very special, God did really spice it up. Any plan that I might had made by myself could not have been as blessed as God's. I say again, God is good.
I guess this is it. I won't keep writing, or I will spend the whole afternoon in front of the laptop.
How sweet, Sandra! I love Ezelis too.
ReplyDelete<>< Katie
Thanks for sharing Sandra! :) Ezelis is pretty awesome! God has done big things through her and I know He will continue to do big things!! :) love you beautiful ladies!
ReplyDelete