Wednesday, March 13, 2013

'March"ing into Memories

Hola a mi famila y mis amigos.
I am suppose to be reading for my Bible Study and do a quiz online for my Hermeneutics class, but I wanted to update my blog. I cannot believe that i did not post a blog last month- i guess the month of February slipped right by us, also it is the shortest month in our year. It has been quite a joy to see what the Lord has been doing all along. I want to share a story with you about someone very dear to me. Warning: get your tissues ready, because this may trigger your heart strings like it did mine. *My tissues are right beside me now* I am sharing a sweet memory that was very hard to share but i felt like i needed to type it.
 
     I honestly can look back and tell you exactly what i was doing this week, one year ago, in 2012. 
March 14, 2012. 
      I was in the elevator, visiting my grandpa who had a massive stroke at the hospital. We knew that he was fading fast so i visited him daily in the hospital for several days that felt like eternity.
    When i was riding in the elevator, i felt God tell me, "Today is the day, Ezelis, be prepared." As i walked down the hall passing people- tears started swelling in my eyes with thoughts running through my mind,"Grandpa is going home. His real home in Heaven." As I see my grandpa's room on my right, my aunt ran out the room, saying, "He is breathing his last breath." My dad is signing, "Ezelis, hurry and come in, your grandpa is passing." I could not bear to go inside, my heart was overwhelmed. I sat outside his room in the hallway on the floor, with tears in my eyes and in every breath i drew, all i could do was thank God for my grandpa. Then i hear a loud cry from inside the room from my grandmother. It is finished, my grandpa was no longer breathing but he was in peace with no more suffering. 
   Moments after, i heard "Twinkle, Twinkle, little star" play throughout the speakers of the hospital. I smiled so big because that meant a baby was just born. In that moment, a sense of peace overflowed my heart and i knew that my grandpa was in peace with His Father. There is a season for everything like Ecclesiastes said, " A time to be born and a time to die." 
   God knows us each intimately and He knows me-- he started preparing me when i walked in that door 
 That day was one of the hardest days i had to walk through and the following months after that. So much had changed within those days. All i knew to do was to walk with my Lord because i could not walk on my own strength, because it was impossible. 

2 Corinthians 4:16-18  So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison,  as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

   
    A sweet man named Bill lived 82/83 years (we are not quite sure which age he was because his birth certificate was wrong ha ha). Such a sweet and humble man he was and i was immensely blessed to be one of his grandchildren. He made me laugh with his dance moves and made me smile with these stories about biking miles and miles to different cities in Florida. He was married to my grandmother for 58 years which showed he was a committed man to my grandmother regardless of any problem that came along their way. I admired my grandpa so much because he was a man who loved God, loved his wife, loved his family, friends and of course his animals.

 Looking back from this moment- i can see how his death has brought my family closer to God. I can see how our family is more intentional in spending time with one another and seizing those moments. We are not guaranteed tomorrow, so like my grandpa- i am going to laugh, smile, dance, tell stories, and LOVE every single day. Thank you Lord for blessing my life with the life he lived here on earth. 

 The Lord is good and He has blessed so much within this year. I have a GREAT family who at least gathers together to celebrate someones birthday each month. I love them and so glad they love me back.

     My dad is such a solid man who never gives up. He is such a hard worker and strives to serve God no matter what. I admire him and his endurance to go through tough times. No matter what i need my dad is always there, even if it is to bring me to the airport on short notice or if my car is giving me trouble- my dad is right there to help his children. He is such a good man who loves his family so much. Thank you dad for all you do- love you.
Birthday FUN never ends.... :)
This is my mom and i am thankful for her. I have not seen her in person in almost 3 years, but i think it is about time one of us visits each other. I thank God for technology that allows us to talk every week- so glad that CODAs finally have a way to communicate with their parents than having to go through an interpreter on the telephone. I rather just see my own parent on the TV screen so I can talk to them. :) I am so glad that throughout it all my mom is there for me to talk to. She encourages me daily with Bible verses and it is awesome! Love you mama. 


I praise God for my Big Sister/Best Friend who came out of surgery well and she is doing super fantastic! She is losing weight like a boss and looking fantastic. I am so blessed that she has a wonderful husband who stands by her each day and reminds her of how blessed he is to have her. She is an awesome wife, mom and a sister. I could not imagine my life without her so i guess God knew we needed to be sisters. She is stuck with me. :) I love you sister even if you punch me in the shoulder. 

This year i have gotten to spend more time with my best friend, Miranda. It has been such a HUGE blessing to be able to see her more. We have been BFF's since 1st grade and we became best friends since we found out we had the same Barbie coloring box while were were in Miss.Flavell's class. When we get together, all we do is laugh and laugh. I cannot explain to you why we laugh so much but we just do. I praise God for her and for her walk with the Lord. It is wonderful to think after all these years you can still have that one best friend who truly sticks by you and sees you in every walk of life. This girl has seen me in my best and worst moments. She told me once, "I hope that my walk with the Lord is as close as yours one day." It humbled me and i told her, it is an every day journey and no matter how close you are to God now- there is always a closer. I love my best friend and i admire her. 

God had blessed me with an unexpected blessing in the past several months and his name is Allen. This is my boyfriend and i can't thank God enough for Him.We have known one another for about 8 years but really reconnected more than a year ago.We worked together at the Deaf school and he was such a great friend to me. He is the sweetest guy you will ever meet on the face of this planet. He loves the Lord 110% and he treats me like a princess, seriously. Each day we can't stop thanking the Lord for each other. We laugh all the time, have so much fun on random adventures, and share a lot of stories. He encourages me daily and loves me. Like he tells me, there are not enough adjectives to describe how wonderful he is. I admire him so much in his patience and hard work each day. He is also an avid ping-pong player, mountain biker who likes to risk his life and a gymnast (hahaha just kidding- you should see this guy do flips and jump on the trampoline- he is a monkey)!  :) lm/ 

 Thank you for reading my blog, there are so many more blessing to share but i shall share more next time. This year has been awesome! Have a wonderful rest of your day! Be blessed.
 xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Nicole Phillips :)March 13, 2013 at 1:19 PM

    I freaking loved this blog! I thought about tomorrow's date and felt sad but yet it's my MIL Hettie's birthday as well :) I LOVE you sister and hope for an awesome rest of the 2013 year hehe! I do lose weight like a BOSS huh bhhahah! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete