Thursday, May 16, 2013

Backpack.. Backpack... Adventure TIME!

Happy May Everyone,
 I 've been slack at updating my blog in the past month. I decided i better get back in the game and start blogging updates to you fine folks about what God is doing!

This summer is going to be full of adventure and i am ready-- i think :) I finished, today, "Love Does" by Bob Goff and it gave me courage and  hope that God is continuing to use me in various places. God has given us each talents, sparks, passions and God wants us to leak those passions everywhere- what i mean is to leak out the LOVE of Christ that it is relentless. 
  At times, i have inner debates about how much information I  should share on my blog- at times i may share more details about what is happening in my life. After reading "Love Does" it became clear to me that often times, we put up a facade of who we are because we are afraid of what others may think. Goff tells this well, " What He (God) doesn't plan on us is us putting on a fake version of ourselves to take a hit; He asks us to hang that version of ourselves for everyone to see. Each of us is tempted to hide the original so we won't get damaged." Why is it that we are afraid to be vulnerable to others? Maybe being vulnerable (showing our true self/stories/experiences) is what it will take for others to see Jesus. If that is what it is going to take, then i will share my experiences and i pray that you can see Jesus in them. 

Speaking of experiences- i have an announcement to make. I am going back to PUERTO RICO for 4 weeks. I am so honored that i am able to come back on the field to teach the Good News. I have not purchased a ticket quite yet, and need approval for the actual dates that I have chosen. 
 I cannot do this trip without you, and i ask for your prayer and/or financial support. Below is the address to make a contribution: 
You can even write letters to me while i am on the field. I would love the encouragement. 

Ezelis Sistrunk
Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries
PO Box 7423
Ponce, Puerto Rico 00732-7423

*If you would like to send money support just write on the check 
"Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries"
in the memo write- "Ezelis Sistrunk- CODA Ministry"

(You can use your donations toward Tax Deductions) 
Or 
You may send me check's to my home address- 
Checks made out to my name:
Ezelis Sistrunk 
email me for my home address:
esistrun@gmail.com


Not only will I work with CODAs & those who have Deaf family members but teaching the Deaf in the mountains.  
Most of my time will be in the mountains discipling/ leading Bible studies. Here is ap picture and stories of the Deaf in the mountains- http://ezelis.blogspot.com/2011/11/happy-november-yall-i-am-updating-my.html.

*A brief summary about these Deaf families who live in these mountains-they are still learning Sign Language- they use "home signs". Gestures they use with one another to communicate. Several occasions even when i visited their homes- they barely have food and that was in 2010. These families still struggle.  The missionaries have been going up there- teaching and giving food. I need your help, your funds to be able to go and buy these families food while i visit and teach them. I want to feed them physically and spiritually. God will provide! The missionaries may not be on the field while i am there due to serve health problems- i ask that you will say a prayer for them. The Deaf leader who normally preaches in the mountains is very sick and has not be able to minster . Say a prayer for more Deaf leaders to rise and to share the Good News to the Deaf and their families. Until then, i been ask to take on this duty to carry the Good News to these people. You can be a part of this :)

*Also, we want to do another CODA retreat- we need supplies and food to be able to host this youth event.  Last year we went to Gilligan's Island as part of our retreat- i cannot tell you what sweet memories we had there and how God really taught us things while we were away. 

By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another. - John 13:35

I will blog again soon with updates on the trip! I am so excited and honored that i will be able to teach the Bible this summer in a few places in the United States and Puerto Rico. 
 Until then, 
       Sonrisas y Abrazos (Smile and Hugs)





No comments:

Post a Comment