When I have looked back over the course of this year- I can definitely say that the Lord has been faithful. He provides like no other, even when I was afraid to step out and become a freelance interpreter. The Lord has never failed and been so true in showing me I needed to pursue. It has been a blessing because I have grown and been challenged. I am thankful for all that has happened. It allows me to have the flexibility to go, travel and do missions- that is a HUGE benefit. I am so thankful to be able to encounter so many people each day as I go about my work- shining His love because that is all I ever want to do. Share HIM!
The year of 2013 was great and I would not change a single thing about it. 2014 has started off rocky, and several challenges have presented themselves. I felt discouraged because everyone seemed to have their new year all together- then the Lord brought two of my wonderful friends to share some of their challenges. Crazy to believe both of them are going through the similar situations that I am experiencing. It was God's way to bring hope in knowing that I am not alone. God never abandons us, and often times we want to question, "God, why?" The "why" may never be answered, but I trust in God in knowing that His plan is greater than my own. Time and time, He has proven to be faithful. I am growing. One of my camp besties reminded me to, "Listen to the God whispers.... " but this past week God has been shouting at me( In a good way) saying, "I am making you stronger! Stronger is what you need to be..." He is making me stronger, through these situations. As bold as it may seem, I say, "BRING IT ON satan.... I am stronger... because even though I am weak, HE is strong, and He (God) is within me."
Let this be an encouragement to you, no matter what you are experiencing right now, God is making you stronger. Trust, wait, listen, move, and love because He is with you and never abandons His children.
*So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.*
♡ Isaiah 41:10 ♡
I want to share a sweet blessing in my life is my amazing Lifegroup. There are seven of us young adult ladies and two wise women who guide our group. When I moved into the city, I knew the Lord was calling me to get plugged into a Bible Study group, and He provided (seriously, it just happened that I found there was Bible Study group of ladies my age who are out of college). It has been so sweet to see how we all have grown the past 2.5 years (Yes, that is how long I have lived here.. wowza). Getting to share life with these ladies is one of the greatest experiences. I am so thankful for Christ-like minded ladies to hang out with every week.
I have a GREAT family, many true friends, and a wonderful boyfriend. All is good, but the Lord reminded me that not even those things (family,friends, and my relationship) complete me. They are incredible blessings and I would never want to give them up, BUT it is Christ that completes me. I was reading in Colossians 2:1-10- it speaks about not being all about "Philosophy but of Christ". It excited me so because I kept reading and in verse 10- it said, "and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principally and power."
Also, it may sound corny but I read in my old prayer journals and I read a sermon from Ergun Canner from a youth retreat that I was leader on. It was a sermon about love, and Jesus uses the word love many times in scripture. Love is rooted in the nature of God. God is love. Ergun said, "Saying that ' _______ completes me' well no because actually you are complete in Jesus." He said, "True love begins and ends with the heart of God." Everything is tying back to how God completes me, nothing else. My family,friends, boyfriend, job and etc do not complete me- my relationship with God completes me.That last sentence may sound bold and mean, but those relationships enhance my joy more abundantly. Regardless of how many times, I tried to fill my emptiness with people or things- I have only felt emptier. It is Christ, who satisfies me, and He merely provides these incredible people in my life to love on and they love on me. Because Christ loves me, I am able to love others, like truly love them and see them through His eyes.
It amazes me to see how the Lord works ALL things together, yes, ALL. Even when it isn't on our time table, God has it worked out. I laugh at myself because the "plans" that I have for myself, do not even compare to the greatness He has in store. As I walk with the Lord, I trust in Him to show me what I need to do in His time.
Again, I am looking forward to this year of incredible growth in my realtionship with God and with others. I am beyond blessed without measure: my wonderful family, boyfriend, and friends. God is so good. I am praying for you all, and remember... He is making you stronger.
| Happy New Year from all of us! |
Enjoy this video *Hero*- This song is one of my favorite jams:
Have a wonderful MLK weekend!
Until then-- Smile.

No comments:
Post a Comment