You may be wondering, what has been 1 month and 20 days? That, my friends, is how long ago I left Puerto Rico. July 15, 2013- I boarded a flight with my boyfriend beside me to return back to dear ol' South Carolina.
![]() |
| Flying home... |
I cannot describe to you how much joy it was to be able to serve these people who I just adore completely. These people who were once strangers, have become very important people to me throughout this ministry.
As I mentioned before, I had the chance to invest in some pretty stellar ladies at our CODA girl retreat. I truly enjoyed getting to spend time, teach, share, and act goofy with them. We all come from such different walks of life, but the Lord, in His divine planning, allowed us to all meet to be able to look into His word together. To be able to read His word, share testimonies, and share where we are in our lives is such sweet fellowship. Doing ministry isn't something "extra" we have to remember to do, but doing ministry is living life among people (sharing your life with others so they are able to see Christ).
Matthew 5:16 : Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
I am so humbled by the fact that the Lord chooses me to be able to teach His word and to be able to do mission trips such as these. I would have never dreamed that the Lord would have placed Puerto Rico on my heart and for me to travel back & forth there often. Without the support and prayers of you all: my family, friends, and readers of this blog- I would not be able to fulfill His call, continue to pray for Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries and for me as well.
As I wrapped up my last week in Puerto Rico, my fella, Allen; jumped on an airplane to visit me (his novia/girlfriend). It was such a wonderful week to have him visiting me on this beloved Island that I call home. For almost two years, since Allen and I were united again since college (He was living in Florida and I was living in Puerto Rico-- and then we both returned to SC)- I have always mentioned Puerto Rico in my conversations (I mean ALWAYS)- so he wanted to come and see why I loved Puerto Rico so much.
![]() |
| Having a brownie :) |
I finally, out of my 3 years of being in and out of the island, had a week long vacation on the island! I am so thankful to have Christian families (Santiagos & Vicentes) host us while we traveled around the Island! Just being with these precious ones made us feel a part of their families.We were on family vacation with all these sweet folks and being with Sandra, my little CODA assistant sister, is always wonderful.
![]() |
| Santiago Family |
![]() |
| Vicente Family |
We were able to visit plenty of places such as:
| We got to visit the City I lived in-- my home base-- and we got to play on HUGE letters- BIGGER than this photo. |
| Cueva Ventana (Cave Window) |
| Visit some of the most wonderful people on this island: Rhoda, Amy & Jose Miguel.. of course with Sandra and Allen ;) |
| We visited Old San Juan and visited everything in it! |
| El Yunque- Waterfall We love the rain forest! |
| Allen and I hiking around the rain forest... waterfall chasers! |
It is a small world after all! Allen and I went to church in San Juan with our friends on Sunday morning in San Juan. I saw this American lady who looked very familiar to me at this church. After the service, my new interpreter friend (who is from the states as well) introduced me to Krista. Krista and I began to talk about where we were originally from and come to find out- WE GREW UP IN THE SAME CHURCH WITH EACH OTHER! Krista and I went to the same Deaf church in SC. Her parents and my parents were both involved in the Deaf ministry and we played together every Wednesday and Sunday! It was such a joy to have this reunion with Krista. We both laughed that the Lord brought two girls from SC to do ministry in Puerto Rico. The Lord truly knows how to bless and make me smile. This was not a coincidence, it was divine appointment the Lord has for us at that moment. I am so glad to be able to reconnect with my long lost church friend from South Carolina. Praying for you Krista as you teach this year in San Juan.
There is much more to write but I shall leave it as that- I will share more stories and updates soon. Just a reminder to Puerto Rico and my blog readers--- I'll be back :)
*I apologize for any grammar errors in this blog--- I typed it very late in the night.. haha*
Until then,
Abrazos y Sonrisas!! xoxo






Love this blog update, you (my Spanish-country roommate!), and that island!! SO glad Allen was able to visit and u both had such a wonderful time, too! Miss u guys! Some of the pics/places instantly made me miss our time there.. and re-realize just how long ago it really was.. haha, crazy! More shared adventures def must abound for us in the future!! {Abrazos y Sonrisas! ;)}
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful blog! I thoroughly enjoyed reading about your experiences. So hard to believe time flies by, and to think that our paths too crossed during our times there. When I saw the picture of all of us, it made me smile. Missing you! ~Amy Sue
ReplyDeleteHola novia. Reading this again has its merits. Blessed more and more by you every day. God has such grand plans! This trip was only a small unveiling. Unforgettable sights and yes you definitely showed me many reasons and people that made you love PR. Again, it bears repeating - Matthew 5:16 : Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Amen. Muchas gracias for a splendid summer experience!
ReplyDelete