Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Overwhelming blessings

Blessings to each and everyone of you. You have been such an encouragement to me through your prayers and support while I have been in Puerto Rico. It is a joy to be able to be a CODA and be able to support the CODAs and the Deaf here. Even though, I come here to serve, I feel like that I gain so much from those around me. 

The Ladies Retreat was wonderful and I cannot express in words of how refreshing it is to fellowship with young people who desire to learn more about God. I ask that you pray for a few people who are still not quite sure about having a relationship with God. Even though, I so badly want people to accept Jesus and to experience that same joy and contentment that I have in Christ- all I can do is pray and continue to share His Word..... the decision for salvation lies within their hands. The people I work with are precious to me and I value them a lot, If i care for them so much- i can imagine how much God values and loves them. 
The Ladies... plus Val in spirit :)

Bible Study teaching at the beach.

At our retreat we focused on "Matters of the Heart". I have to say my favorite part of Bible Study was speaking on relationships. We looked at different aspects of relationships such as: family, friends, significant others and God. We looked at Matthew 26, Mark 14, and John 12.
   I encourage you, the reader of this blog, to look up these passages. It mentions a woman who has an Alabaster Jar and within it was a perfume that was very expensive. Most woman would save this jar until they were married and would pour the perfume on their husbands feet. This lady, could not just open and pour a little bit of perfume on Jesus' feet and head but in order to open it, you must break your jar. She gave up the most valuable thing to JESUS- her alabaster jar. She gave Jesus her all and this is a beautiful example of the relationship the Father wants with us. Jesus wants us to come to His feet and pour out our all upon Him. This story brings tears of my eyes because she saw doing this act was worthy because she knew Jesus was her Savior. 

I want to finish off by saying that I have felt such an overwhelm of blessings. The amount of love that is shown to me, is a love that is rarely found. It is a love that is selfless and unconditional. I am loved this way by God, completely and immensely, but when I see people do the exact same for me- it makes me want to cry because I know it is so genuine. Today, I lead the devotional for those who work in the PR Deaf Ministries office. We read about Paul mentioning in 1 Corinthians 9: 24-27. 

"24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. 27 No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." 

I loved being reminded of this passage about running the race for the prize- that is towards the will of my Father. To proclaim the Gospel, to make disciples, and to bear fruit that others may see Jesus living within . It was a great reminder for all of us who work in ministry, because often times we feel tired and we want to give up BUT we keep running so we will not be disqualified. :)

After our devotional- Mercy (The secretary of PRDM and my "hearing" mom here in PR) informed Sandra and I that they wanted to thank us for all we have done this summer, with a puzzled face- we found out that we had gifts and a party. It was so sweet for them to do that for us and again, I felt so overwhelmed with the LOVE that my Puerto Rican family has shown me since 2010. The most times that I have experience the most overwhelming love from a group of people has been here on this island. I had to walk away several times just so i would not cry in front of the PRDM staff just because I felt so blessed with these people and for how much they have helped me during my times here. 
Amazing Ladies of PRDM

The Lord is so good and He has blessed me with an amazing family, friends, and "a home away from home" which is here in Puerto Rico. 
 Time is passing quickly and I only have 13 more days left on this island. Be praying for the rest of the time that I spend here and with these people. 
Also, I have some sweet news- Allen- will be flying in this coming Monday to come visit me in Puerto Rico! I am so thrilled that he is making this trip to come see why I love Puerto Rico so much and to meet some amazing people who have become my dearest friends. He is wonderful to do this and I am so excited to see him. 
Allen and I
Last but not least- I have another amazing blessing to share with you all!
I am officially a National Certified Interpreter! I received the news while being in Puerto Rico. It is such a JOY to be able to finally take it after 3 years of coming in and out of the states. I finally am able to accomplish this great goal- wooo hooo!! Thanks be to God. :)

                                                          

Continue to pray for us as Sandra and I finish up these last days together serving the CODAs and Deaf of Puerto Rico. You all are awesome!
                                           Until next time,
                                                   Abrazos (Hugs)




4 comments:

  1. Luv and miss ya -> my Spanish-country roommate! ;p Praying for u, Sandra, and the rest of the ppl involved with the ministry there. It's exciting to hear that Allen will be able to visit.. I know u must be stoked! I'm back stateside, so gimme a call whenever u have time to catch up! :) Enjoy the rest of ur time on the island!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chica,
      What a blessing to hear from you! YES, thank you for all your prayers and your support. Everytime I leave church, I think of our sing we always sung together when you were here. I am excited to see you! You planning to come down south to visit anytime? God bless you! :D

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your heart Ezie. Seeing the silhouette pic of you and Allen brought a tear to my eye and a lump in my throat. God has a plan, and I can't wait to see it unfold. Be blessed in all you are doing, and congratulations 100 times over on your certification. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was blessed to read your comment! Thank you for taking the time to read it. I can't wait to see God's plans unfold as well. I am so blessed right now with your son- thank you for raising a great man. Thank you so much for your congrats! Excited to see you soon when I return stateside. Thank you for prayers and support! BIG HUGS!

      Delete