Thursday, June 27, 2013

Retreat begins tomorrow!

Coming from Arecibo--- fog in the mountains.. 

   I am so blessed beyond belief to be able to know the people I do who live on this island. I cannot believe it has been since 2010 when I started working for Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries and started focusing on these precious CODAs who are fabulous. It was such a joy to be able to go to Florida, PR. We had seven CODAs all together and it was a reunion with an addition to a new CODA. The baby boy in the picture with me. He's so precious, I wanted to take him home with me, but his big sister Nashely would never allow that to happen. You have no idea what a blessing it is to hear little kids yell out, "Ezzy, ahhhh... Ezzy esta aqui!" I am here and we gave one another HUGE hugs. God is so good to be able to let all of us CODAs reunite and learn more about God. 


The new baby CODA in town :)
CODA girls :)
Bible lesson about Joseph and the coat of many colors.
  
Of course, we had to play Ninja ( It is tradition)



Retreat is this weekend :)
 Tomorrow will begin our CODA Ladies retreat. I am looking forward to all the great times that will be had. Friday, we will start off with games, hanging out and Bible Study at a nearby beach since we live on the beach practically. Saturday we will be going to Gilligan's Island to enjoy God's creation and have great Bible Study there. Then, we will finish the retreat on Sunday with some Bible and fellowship time. Be praying for all the girls. We are expecting there to be a total of 8 of us, perhaps more. Please pray for these girls as some make decisions on how to live their lives. 


We are revolving our studies around our hearts- focusing on God, broken and need forgiveness, relationships, growth in our walk with the Lord and our desires and wishes. 
                                Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. 
                                                                                                   -Proverbs 4:23

Pray for our hearts to be moved and for us to look more like our Savior. I will update you all after the retreat. God is so good to us and I am excited to see what more will come.

                                                                                               Until next time,
                                                                                                               Sonrisas :)





No comments:

Post a Comment