Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tomorrow :)

In a couple of hours- I will be boarding my flight to San Juan, Puerto Rico. How delighted I am to be able to return and do ministry with wonderful folks. I will arrive to an island filled with people who God loves dearly. This, if I am correct, will be my 7th time flying to Puerto Rico. This island has a piece of my heart that I officially left there in 2010. 
 When I think about Paul (in the Bible) and all of his travelings- I think to myself-  how cool he is to be able to go the these places and proclaim the Good News and make disciples. He mentored Timothy because Paul knew he the Good News has to keep spreading to the uttermost parts of the Earth. 
 This past week, I went to a missionary dinner for some friends of my who will be serving in Austria for 4 years. I loved how he worded this statement, " It is our duty to teach others in their own places (homes, countries, cities, etc) about Jesus. I will never have the same impact as an Austrian would sharing the Gospel with a fellow Austrian. Also, I am not going to live forever so i cannot depend on only myself to share the Good News but i have to teach others how to share it so it can go on and on." 
 When I see it put in that way, I realize that my purpose is much greater than just going to share the Gospel but I am making disciples. I can pray and show others how to minister to those around them and that is a beautiful picture! 
 I am not going to be alive forever and I cannot physically tell each person who is alive about Jesus but what I can do is reach a few, to reach a few more, which end up reaching a few more and that makes a LOT of people who have heard the name of Jesus Christ. 
 Just because I go across the ocean doesn't mean, i get extra brownie points with God or because "I have to because i am a Christian,and do missions." It is because God has changed my life and I have to share it- I have a calling to work with CODAs (Children of Deaf adults) and their families (The Deaf). I love working within my culture of being in the hearing and Deaf world. It is a privilege to be able to bridge that gap of culture differences. God has placed me here and i have to share how good God is. He loves me with immense love, how could I not share that love?
 Thank you for your prayers---- Only 25 more minutes until tomorrow.
 Puerto Rico, i will see you soon! South Carolina, I'll be back, maybe ;) 



I had to share this picture of my kiddos from White Oak- South Carolina Baptist Conference for the Deaf.
Mixture of CODAs and Deaf kids! Loved being able to share the Good News with them and to teach them how to love each other. 
God is so good!
 Okay, I have to get some shut eye. Night!!
Until Next time,
 HUGS!



No comments:

Post a Comment