| My flight on the way in :) |
Funny story- One lady Auera, picked me up from the airport. Very sweet lady who has been translating parts of the Gospel and putting them into books- in the form of Sign Language! How cool is that, and she gave me the book of John in Sign Language. After we went to her house, she gave me the ministry van to drive myself "home". Of course, I knew that this plan was not going to go so well, since I have never been to this area and I had to bring myself to the South part of the Island. I called my friend, Cristina (picture is below) to let her know I was on her way to her house. I told her I was on HWY 22 and her dad said yes keep going (he said this while he was sleeping). I ended up getting lost and driving through the mountains. They called me back and said, "Whatever you do, do not take road 123, those roads are very dangerous." I laughed and responded," I just came off of 123 and that was the only road I knew to be able drive back to Ponce." We all laughed and I finally arrived to Cristina's house (2.5 hours later). It made me feel better after Cristina's dad told me, "Do not worry, even Puerto Ricans get lost on this island- you will eventually find your way home..." The trip was only suppose to take an hour. We praised God for allowing me to find my way and I slept so good that night because I was with my hearing Puerto Rican family.
| Cristina and I |
This week we will be going towards the mountains and Arecibio to reach the CODAs that I met two years ago. There was a solid Deaf ministry in that region but the Deaf pastor, left. I ask that you will be praying for that group, and that they will continue to go to church until they find a Deaf pastor.
As we go up there and visit, we will also be planning for our CODA retreat that will happen next weekend. June 28-30th. I ask that you will be in prayer for this retreat. I am excited to see some of these people and be able to go deeper with them about God's word and for salvation.
It is such an honor to know that God chose me to do this. Each day I begin to realize that being in ministry is a huge sacrifice- time away from "our ordinary lives" to invest in other lives. I heard it once said, "Well, we cannot bring materials,possessions, money, cars and etc to Heaven but we can bring other people." I loved that quote, so I get to bring people with me. I get to share my testimony about what God has done in my life and share it with others. Even at times, when I feel not worthy enough to do what I do- the Lord still tells me, "Carry on, for I am with you." I know this is true. I am so excited to see what more lies ahead.
Pray for our preparations for this week and the following. I realize how short amount a time a month really is when I look at the calendar, but I pray that God will open hearts to follow Him.
| Sandra, made me dinner, she is so nice to me! |
No comments:
Post a Comment