Sorry it's been a while since i blogged last. THIS past weekend at the marriage retreat in Cabo Rojo was a BLAST!!!! God really showed up and showed out!
* The 2 little Deaf girls that i worked with were so precious their ages are 4 & 5- sisters. While their parents were in the marriage workshop, another CODA who is 14 helped me out with these 2 adventurous girls, i taught the little girls about how God created everything in the beginning- in Genesis 1. My favorite thing that i taught them was how God made it known how it was day and night- thus making the stars. We made mobiles out of sticks- which it took us forever to find us good sticks without ants on them. We drew out the sun, the moon, and the stars- we taught them the signs to go with each thing. They understood the sign for sun, but moon and stars, not so much. When it became dark- the moon was full and the stars were out- the moon was the most beauitful i have ever seen it. The little girl, Z walked out with me and we stopped to look up and i took her mobile and showed her she drew that (the moon) and that (the stars). SHE JUMPED UP AND DOWN IN JOY- I have never seen a bigger smile than she was gleaming! She said, i understand.. and starting signing- sun, moon, & stars- God made these.
After that moment- she carried that little mobile around.. showing everyone the sign language for it. I saw God in that little girl. We had so much fun, and we played lots of games (esp. ones that involved water). God truly was working through those little girls lives.
The retreat finished on Sunday and the missionaries brought us to the BEACH
I loved it! I love going to the beach and just looking out into the ocean- that is one place i can see God.
* This week, i have been working in the office- getting some paperwork done for my education loans (i hate loans- telling them since i don't have an income.. i can't really pay them... can we hold out the payments)- pray this works out. I have been working on my new support letter (which is below- please read it and pass it on). And been coming up with lessons to teach CODAs next week :)
I also got to venture out with some new friends of mine, Jason and Melody, i get to go to church with them tonight- Friday night is a huge church night for the youth in Puerto Rico- there is going to be a dinner and a concert (all in spanish). I am so excited to get out and meet more people my age- God is so good!! I am so blessed to have met Jason and Melody- something we have in common is WE love JESUS and we like adventures.. so more fun memories to come!
Love ya'll and will blog more soon!!!!
Hi, saw your info on Facebook. You may want to check into http://www.charityfordebt.org/ to help pay for your debts.
ReplyDeleteEz, how amazing to see God work through that little girl. Watching the light-bulb go off is a remarkable experience. It put a big smile on my face.
ReplyDeleteI'll continue praying for you regarding your funds but also for your ministry as a whole. :-)
<>< Katie
Ezzy what a precious story!! I am in awe of the unique way God is using you in the lives of Puerto Rican CODAs! I will be praying for you and reading your blog consistently. You are an amazing person. Your confidence in Christ and how you live like you are loved will continue to win over your new friends' hearts. :) Love you!
ReplyDeleteJesusreallylovesDeafpeople- thank you so much, i will check into that :)
ReplyDeleteKatie- muchas gracias mi amiga!! I am so glad it put a big smile on your face :) Thank you for your prayers for this ministry... it is so needed and God is so good!
Holly- YOU are so amazing!!! i love you! Thank you for your support, you make me smile. I miss you!