Friday, March 5, 2010

Newest Support Letter

Please feel free to share this information with anyone who would love to support and be a part of this ministry!
Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries
To my Family, Friends, & Churches,
First and foremost- blessings to you all and I pray you are all doing well.  I am a part of the mission program M.O.S.T (Missions on Short Term) through the North American Mission Board. I am currently in Puerto Rico-yay, I arrived on February 20th . The plan is for me to serve in Puerto Rico for 6 months- but whatever the Lord leads I will do.  Ever since the day I arrived I have jumped into working with CODAs (Children of Deaf Adults).  I had the opportunity of going to a marriage retreat and working with the Deaf parent’s children. It was an amazing retreat and we have definitely seen the fruits- praise God!
             The purpose of being in Puerto Rico and focusing on these children & youth is to show them and tell them about Jesus Christ. So many of these children & youth have been through  tough situations- they see no hope, and my prayer and purpose is to show them there is hope- that hope being Jesus Christ. Being a CODA myself, it open doors for me to relate to them- because there is no one here who can. God has called me here to show them the LOVE of Jesus Christ. Another purpose would be to disciple these children and teens. To show these people they have worth and they are so valuable. Many of these youths have turn to rebellion, ran away, and they are in pain- they have no one to go and truly show them that God is the answer to their problems. The things that they seek in this world will never be fulfilling but when they find God- they will be filled. I will be organizing events, retreats, go to their houses, play sports & games, and whatever else that will minister to them through building relationships. I will also help these Deaf parents through prayer and workshops on how to relate to their children. I want these families to see that God can build their families back together. Please pray for these CODAs and their Deaf parents.
               
           Being a part of this ministry, I do not make an income. I need to have money support & donations. I covet your prayers for financial support- this ministry will need your financial support. The need for your donation will go toward this CODA ministry, health insurance, food, personal items, and etc. I cannot do this without your support. The Lord promises He provides- and I know for a fact that He will- He promises it to us “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.”Matthew 6:31-32. Again I covet your prayers and support for this ministry J
        
           If you want to be a part of this ministry you can send your support to the following through the North American Mission Board, Puerto Rico Deaf ministry, or personally to me at the address below in Puerto Rico. For tax benefits send checks made to North American Mission Board( Ezelis Sistrunk # 9523 in memo) or Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries( attach a note/ put on memo for Ezelis Sistrunk).

North American Mission Board                                                              
Attention: Accounting-MSC                                                              
Po Box 116543                                                                                    
Atlanta, GA 30368  

     OR

Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries
Ezelis Sistrunk
Po Box 7423
Ponce, PR 00732                                                                              

 feel free to email me at esistrun@gmail.com for any questions.  Peace and grace!

In His service,
  Ezelis 

No comments:

Post a Comment