Wow, can you believe it? It has been a month and 4 days since i have been in Puerto Rico :) Being here, i have felt such peace and i know i was meant to be here during this time. Currently, i am staying in Hatillo, PR- it is near Arebico which is where the Deaf church Ïglesia Bautista La Fe" is. I have been up here to help out with planning the Easter service we will be having for all the Deaf here. The Easter Revival will be April 3rd at Mira Flores Camp grounds. I am super pumped but i have LOTS to work on. I am involved in planning/teaching the CODAs and trying to help teach some worship songs to sign for the service on Holy Friday.
I love it here, i am staying with Rhoda and Tony! They are just like family to me. I have known them since i was about 12- God has really blessed me with these two. I really do feel at home in their house and they treat me just like one of their own, which is nice :) Rhoda has been teaching me some fun things such as how to cook mexican food because she is mexican haha and some new spanish vocabulary. There is a Deaf and blind lady who is staying with them- her name is Blanca and she is such a doll. Spending time with her has been fantastic- and it has been such a blessing to just to talk with her. (more to come about them soon).
Tonight i wanted to make a list of what i love about Puerto Rico thus far!!
1.) Puerto Ricans make the BEST coffee ever, just the way i like it... more milk than coffee. I go to someone's house and they make it perfect. Usually, in the states, i prefer to make my coffee myself- but here i don't even have to tell them because they make it their way (which is my way hehe)
2.) THE VIEW!! Everywhere i go (just about) i see mountains, green grass, the ocean, flowers, and so many beautiful things. I find myself taking more nature pictures and sending them via text to my family and friends haha- thank you all who put up with my sending nature picture text haha. God is my favorite artist.
3.) Fresh pan (bread) everyday. I am being wise on how much bread i consume haha- be glad because i have done very well trying not to eat so much Pan Dulce aka sweet bread (mom, dad and heather.. you know what i'm talking about- they have eaten it and it's addictive).
4.) Fruit trees are everywhere. I mean just go up to a tree, pick off your fruit, wash it, and eat it! I mean how great is that! I love mango so much but they aren't ready yet.. just wait to those mangos come into season, i will be eating them everyday.
5.) I just realized that mostly i have talked about food products ahhh..
6.) I realized that when i get a house in the future (hopefully my future dashing, amazing, crazy in love with Jesus Christ, husband will agree with this)...i need/want a balcony. Rhoda's house has an amazing balcony and i find myself (when not working) just being outside on that thing. She really needs a hammock then it would be perfection.
7.) Puerto Ricans greet eachother with a kiss on the cheek and i have forgotten that when i got here. At first, it threw me off....whatttt?? oh yeah, how could i forgot this after living in Costa Rica 2 years ago. haha, but it makes everyone feel so loved and welcome- at least it does for me.
8.) I love that some people here remember my parents and i in 2000 for when we came and did ministry here 10 years ago. I love it when people say that i have such a beautiful family. Someone saw a picture of my sister, mom and i- she stated how we were all so beautiful, that we had the same smile- it made my heart smile. Also, 2 people told me at different times, when they saw me stand up and give my testimony.. how i remind them of my father. Wow, my dad, i am like my dad- when they told me that.. i felt so honored- my dad is such a joyful presenter while he preaches or just talks with people.
9.) I love being a part of this ministry for the Deaf. I haven't had a lot of time with the CODAs because we are still trying to gather them together- but the time that i have spent with the Deaf has been so amazing. They are so HUNGRY for GOD. I love being able to be used- to encourage them that they can use their skills to honor God.
10.) I love that i have found/knew some amazing people here in Puerto Rico who really make me feel at home. I have found myself missing people in Ponce,PR i have only known them for a month (i am not in Ponce right now by the way.. i think you knew that haha). It feels good to know that the staff in the office tells me, "Ezelis, this week hasn't been the same without you..we miss you.. hurry back".
God you are amazing!
Good morning- i better go to bed:)
Even food we eat in the states is better in central america... i only eat pineapple in CA. Oh, and I love pan.
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the view you get to enjoy everyday. My prayer is that every day you cherish it and never begin to take it for granted.
Great post!
Love and prayers,
<>< Katie