Saturday, August 21, 2010

Feliz Sabado :o)

*Each week seems to go by faster and faster. I have been in Puerto Rico for 6 months & 3 days, and i realize it has been half a year. I have spent half a year in this island that i have truly fell in love with. God has molded me, pushed me, used me, and i am so honored that He would chose me for this. I have seen God proved Himself to me so many times on this island and throughout my life. There is no doubt that i wasn't meant to be here- i was and i praise God for that. He truly has grown me and i am seeking out daily of what it is like to be a woman of God because that is my desire. I pray that my time thus far has been honoring to God. What a great 6 months it has been and i'm looking forward to the more things He has coming.
Also, i am so blessed with my friends i have made here in Puerto Rico- i LOVE THEM!
*shout out to all my homies out there ;) *
This is Mariana- one of the girls i teach every other Saturday.

This past weekend was really great; i got to revisit an old friend in Puerto Rico.He had plans to come study here but God had some other plans in store for him,but i'm really blessed i got to see his face. We worked at Centri-Kid together 4 years ago and i can't believe it has been so long. We got to catch up on many things and it is encouraging to see a fellow friend love Spanish & traveling as much as i do. Keep Daniel in your prayers as God leads him. Daniel brought up a topic that i have always thought about but never said out loud to another. Hispanic culture amazes me. We discussed how there are so many people here who really open up their homes to you. People i have visited throughout the island have been so loving towards me. When i go to someone’s house they offer me food, a place to sleep, and anything that i need- they are willing to get it for me. This is so overwhelming to me because of the LOVE they show by opening up their home just for me. I am so blessed by these people who have done that to me and to others. Like Daniel said, i too want to do that in the future when i have my own house.I want to show this kind of love to people, by opening up my home because it won't be MY house, it's God's.



mi amigo Daniel and I
Annette and Gerarado
I also got to spend time with a Deaf couple who did exactly that- invite me into their home and show me around San Juan. They took their time just to fellowship with me. They are both Deaf leaders in a Deaf church in San Juan. Really sweet and loving people. They feel like family to me and they always support me in all i do in this CODA ministry. God has really blessed me with some great people i can really call on while i am in Puerto Rico and for the rest of my life. We went to a Deaf church on Saturday in Cayey where i teach CODA children. This past Saturday service went great. I taught 2 little girls that i had last time. It touched my heart because i couldn't go one Saturday and the girls thought i would be there. When another younger CODA came in to teach, they asked her, "where is Ezzy?" When the teacher told them i wasn't going to be there today, they just started crying because they wanted me there. I couldn't believe it that these girls that i have only met one time, just instantly attached to me. I am so thankful to God for that, it's all HIS doing. When i finally came to church this Saturday, not once did i not see them stop smiling. We had a great Bible study about Joseph and the coat of many colors starting in Genesis 37. God, You are too cool!


This past Sunday, we had church at the beach. I really enjoy these Sundays because not only do we get to go to the beach but everyone gets to understand what it means to truly fellowship in the Lord. We all bring something to share for lunch and we learn how to work together in bringing all of our things to the beach (chairs, tables, and etc). Not only that, but in Puerto Rico Sunday is a HUGE beach day. Most people miss out because they don't go to church but rather hit the beach that day. When our service started, one Deaf leader, pulled out his Bible and started to teach- i could see the other people around us just watch. Not only are these Deaf learning the word of God, but they are being witnesses to others around them. It is so beautiful and this is one reason i love having church at the Beach, a great opportunity to show others that God is important and needed in our lives.
*prayer request update- David, our main missionary, will be having surgery next Friday to remove the infection that is in his ear. He has been through series of medication and now surgery is the last option to really cure this problem. Pray for wisdom and safety of this surgery. Marsha informed me that good updates are coming back so that is GREAT to hear. Pray for them.
Thanks for praying for the CODA ministry and PRDM (Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries).
Continue to do so.
Blessings until next time.
oxox

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well, Ezelis. I'm back on campus, and I thought I saw you the other day. But then I remembered you're in PR, so I was sad. To hear such great updates of what God is doing through you makes me happy in knowing that you are being used. :-)
    Love you,
    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to hear everything is going well and that God is really using you! :D

    ReplyDelete