Thursday, August 5, 2010

Radical moments...


The Lord is so good- you may not realize it, but HE really truly is wonderful to each one of us. When we call upon His name, He is there. When there is a need, He provides. When i'm frustrated, He brings me peace. When i feel all alone, He reminds me i am not. When i feel like i'm not good enough, He tells me, "YOU ARE, because I put you here." Each day that passes i realize more and more that i am nothing without HIM. I have no worth without HIM. I do this because God has called me here and i have watched HIM provide EVERYTHING. Money support, amazing friends, family (to come visit me), encouragement through my friends back home, family, & even people here in Puerto Rico. God knows everything, every longing in my heart of how much i want to love Him more and more. Why is it that we worry about things, even when we have seen HIM provide in situations in our lives? I'm here to tell you- God is good and let HIM show you what He can do and to those who watch you :)

Below is a picture i took with two of my CODA Youth in Boqueron, PR. One day i am really going to purse a photography business :) what you think?


It has been a CRAZY, AWESOME, BUSY 3 weeks of my life. So much has happened, i'll give you some highlights of the weeks. I have been preparing for two main events that has happened this month. "Searching for the Treasure- for KODAs in Arecibo" and "2nd Coda Youth Retreat". Along on the journey of these two retreats- my dad & family came to PUERTO RICO :) It was great having my dad back here in Puerto Rico and doing ministry along side with him again. They were here about 2 weeks, dad preached all over the island meeting old and new friends. While dad preached, i took the CODAs and we would play games, learn about the Bible, and continue to build deeper relationships. Being in Puerto Rico- building intentional relationships is drilled in me. I guess the reason i am made that way is because of the experiences God has allowed me to have- such as working Centri-Kid. All along that is what the camp was about- building intentional relationships to bring people to JESUS CHRIST. I am so thankful for Centri-Kid ( i misssss you). I had a blast traveling with my family and getting to do ministry with them.

VBS- was totally awesome. The Deaf church in Arecibo really were great in assisting me in this. We played games, made crafts, had drama, Bible story time, and it all was just a great time of teaching these kids that GOD is their ultimate treasure they are looking for. We need to seek after HIM and everything we need is FOUND in HIM! :) Here are some pictures- and my little siblings had a great time too, hanging out with some fellow KODAs :) I was really excited because i got to meet some new kids and new parents. Gracias a Dios!
VBS day in Arecibo for the KODAs (kids of Deaf adults) p.s- i love the dino in the background!

The 2nd CODA Youth retreat was really fantastic. I was really hurt at first because not many
youth showed up like they mentioned they would- but then i was reminded by my sister, Nicole,
that God has a purpose, He meant for me to spend real quality time with the people He brought
to the retreat, and I DID. It was the BEST time because i really got to spend time with one CODA that i have been praying to God about since i have been in Puerto Rico. So many of these CODA youth go through so many things and just having someone listen to you, comfort you, and bring HOPE(which is the words of our Lord) is so comforting and needed. These girls just needed to be focused on and told that they are special in God's eyes and even in mine. I give God the praise because now in Puerto Rico- these parents are starting to realize that their children are important. That their children have so many dreams and beautiful ideas, that God is GOING to use them- i'm just simply here to pass the message along that with GOD anything is possible. If they seek after God's will and His face- they will never go wrong.. just TRUST in God and GROW in HIM! You will be surprise where God takes you. This is true because never in my life would i have imagined me being in Puerto Rico working with my people (CODAs). God thank You for those You brought to the treat!
We had a blast going to the beach, playing crazy/fun games, shaving cream/water fights, cows
that break out of fences, trying not to step on cow poop, bonfires and paint fights, playing NINJA,losing Frisbees on top of houses, and so much more BUT the bible studies were incredible. We learned who we are in CHRIST! Praise be to God. I hope you are blessed reading this as much as i was blessed writing it.


My little brothers excited about the beach & the bonfire time we had together.

CODAs rock, just saying!

I had a wonderful time at all these events and even with my family. I am so blessed that God has

really brought my family here in the right timing. They helped so much with the events even the

CODA Youth Retreat- my dad cooked and everyone was so excited because he is basically a chef :)

I hope you have been blessed with this post and i will be sure to keep updates here more sooner.

Dios les bendiga!



2 comments:

  1. Ezelis, you're so cool. Just sayin'.
    <>< Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah girl- YOU ARE!!
    *thank you for your awesome support- you are such a blessing for real* <3

    ReplyDelete