Bible Study group in KY
Bible Study GROUP- GO STINGRayyysss!
I've been really slack on keeping my blog updated & i apologize deeply.
I once wrote a blog but somehow my computer did not save it and i LOST everything i wrote. I was pretty bummed.
BUT i have wonderful news and i have been so blessed this summer. I was blessed with the opportunity to work at Centri-Kid Camps again. This is my 5th summer working and i had no idea a few months ago that i would be here- but i'm so glad. I have been in Kentucky and South Carolina ( now i am stationary and will be staying in the hometown i grew up in- serving churches from around here.) It has been an absolute blessing to be able to work camp again. I teach 5th graders (BLUE CREW) and i teach Weird Science (which we get to create FUN experiments). It is such a blessing to be a part of a ministry again. It has been hardcore gospel ever since i started camp this summer.
*A cool God story- Five teammates and I had to split away from our CK4 team to help another team with a weekend camp & a week. During the week, i got to host a church from Tenn. Brentwood Baptist Church. Two people i love very dearly are a part of the Deaf ministry there. Beryl and Scott Corey. They had one kid who was from CUBA and he only spoke Spanish. I was so stinking excited to hang out with him. The very first day, when i met him and started speaking to him- his eyes lite up and he could not stop smiling. Ronnie is a very special kid and we really got to bond that week. God's time is perfect and being able to invest in Ronnie that week was such a blessing.
God has really used Centri-Kid this summer to challenge my walk with God to be bolder for HIM. There are so many people who i interact with each day but do i tell them the actual gospel or just assume they do? Being intentional in my everyday conversations really makes a difference. I have had the honor to see SO MANY MIRACLES here at camp- those miracles are seeing kids come to CHRIST and accept Him. It has been such a blessing to be here and to be challenged. I needed this so much and God knew it. He placed me here for a reason and each day i see the reasons more and more. I had no summer plans but GOD did. I'm so glad He's got my back and HE loves me so much.
Not only does He love me, but HE loves you! That is pretty amazing!!!
This blog shall be continued soon- i'll keep ya'll updated on what the Lord does here at Centri-Kid and how He is growing me into the woman He wants me to become! :)
Until then, oxoxo
That's so cool! I'm glad your Spanish has come in handy in the states and that God's using you to reach students who might slip through the cracks otherwise.
ReplyDelete<>< Katie