Happy September a todos!
Long time no blogging, aye? Life after camp has been such a whirlwind, but in a good way. I went back to the interpreting world right where I left off. I get to experience what it looks like within the Deaf school here. I am typically the “community” interpreter. I mostly interpret for doctors, hospitals, university undergraduate/graduate classes and etc. The past few weeks I have been placed within the Deaf school and it has been an experience like no other. Out of my two years working as a freelance interpreter with the school- I feel a part of it. I actually know students and staff. I have made good friends here and that is what makes me so excited is these relationships that have been made. I am blessed that I have a job. I have a job that I love even when it is not full time. I am still blessed to be able to be used by God here- to shine a light where there is darkness.
This morning on the way to work, being choffered by my one of my best amigas’’ (Amanda) I read this verse.
“But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.” -1 Peter 2:9
This verse always gets me, “I am chosen? I am desired by God and uniquely chosen? I am a follower of the King of kings. I am part of a holy nation that has been set apart? I am a child that belongs to God. He chose us, ordained us, and called us for His specific purpose! Now that is really cool and so humbling to me. To think that God can use me, to shine His wonderful light and to share His unconditional LOVE!
I been reading “Forgotten God” by Francis Chan- real good book ( I encourage you to read it). There is a testimony about Esther Ahn Kim and she destined for prison for refusing to bow to idols. Before going into prison she memorized more than one hundred chapters of the Bible knowing she would not get one prison. Her testimony of surrendering her fears to God was beautiful. Her life was having ‘more intimacy with God, more love for people, and more of God in her life.’ In the book Chan writes, “The spirit filled her with overwhelming love for people she came in contact with” that quote is the desire of my heart.
I want to be filled so I can pour out His love for me and for others. It blows my mind each day, every moments how much Christ LOVES me. His love never fails and He is always constant. His love never stops and I am so thankful for that J
Until next time,
oxox
This post holds one of my favorite verses, one of my favorite books, and is written by/about two of my favorite people praising my favorite (and only) Lord. Love it!
ReplyDelete<>< Katie