I have so many things to be thankful for and it semms as though i can never sum up my list of things that i am thankful for because they are numerous!
Spending time with the Lord a few minutes before midnight on this Thanksgiving Day, i was just filled with immense joy of all the blessings in my life.
I could not possibly mention every single person or thing i am thankful for because i would have pages beyond pages.
I am most grateful for being a daughter of the King. Knowing that i can tell my family and friends that without a doubt when i pass from this earth that i will be dwelling in paradise with the most high King who sent His Son, Jesus Christ, to die on a cross. I am thankful that He alone makes my life complete, but He simply places other "blessings" in my life to understand MORE of His love for me. My life is His and He is mine. The verse below just describes how i feel!
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
My family- if you do not know this already, i adore my sweet, goofy, random family. We are not perfect, we are broken, but that is what has made my heart expand. My heart has expanded to LOVE my family more and more. I have learned so much about what love looks like through my family. I have learned what it means to cherish time with loved ones and make the most of it. We are missing my grandfather so much this Thanksgiving, but we are so thankful that we have precious memories of him. My best days are capturing moments where our family's fellowship is so sweet. Throughout this year of loss, our family has grown closer through the heartaches. This is why i take so many pictures of my loved ones because i just cherish these moments of being together! I am so glad i get to see some of my family in a few hours to gather around and stuff our faces full of Turkey and Dressing.
My family has supported me in my decisions and it has meant so much to me. Even when i served in Puerto Rico, it was so hard for us to all leave each other but when i arrived to the island it was so cool to see how my family knew that the Lord has called me there. I am still trying to convince more of them to go and visit the island with me.
To my family in Louisiana, i love you all so much and soon i am coming to spend some awesome quality time with you :) I have such a huge family and i love every single one of them. I would not trade my family for anything!
My Mommy, Grandma LA & Nanny
| Sistrunk/Bass Clan |
| Daddy & his 5 kiddos! |
| We are family---- O sister and daddy! |
| Grandpa and little Will |
| My Best Friend/Sister, Kiwi and I |
| My Big Sister Nicole (who i adore so much) and my two Beautiful Nieces :) |
For example:
*go on a cruise, be close friends with all the cruise staff, and write them encouragement notes (even on the mirrors in our room).
* run 5k's like the Color Run and get painted with color.
*have dance parties randomly.
*Take goofy pictures so we can remember the time we have together.
*Ride on a motorcycle just because we have never ridden one.
* Surprise one another with "Welcome to America Parties".
* Support each other when we feel God is calling us to missons.
*Stop in the moment and pray for each other. ETC ETC ETC!
We are grown up people but we just love life. We encourage each other to live out what God has called us to do, even when it seems scary. I cherish my friends and they believe in me and like my family, they are some of my biggest fans. It is cool to have Christian friends who truly encourage me in the Lord. I thank God for them. To have friends from different states and around the world, i am so blessed that i have these people in my life! They make my life so much more interesting!
| Reunion when i got back from Puerto Rico Five Best Friends |
| Puerto Rican Friends :) CODA Retreat 2012 Gilligan's Island |
| ButterRoll, Caleb "Lil Bro", Princess Heather, Brit Brit, Rooms, Bucky, Manda Our Annual Elf Party! |
| Centri-Kid Staff 2012 Camp has been a huge part of my life |
| Ayen & I So thankful for how God has shown me so much through this man :) |
| CODAs and Deaf in Puerto Rico I loved pouring into their lives and they poured into mine! |
| Val, Vil & Jayson I miss you all! |
| My Puerto Rican family/friends who helped me so much while i served there. I am missing Cairis too!!! Sandra too!! |
I was reading a blog from Alyssa Joy and she wrote this:
"Thanksgiving invites His presence. Thanksgiving is worship, opening the door to deep intimacy with Jesus. Thanksgiving fights against all doubt, all bitterness, and hard-heartedness- and welcomes in JOY. DEEP JOY. PEACE. REST" Check out her blog--Gratitude Blog.
I seriously could write & post more pictures about specific people and things but like i mentioned before it would be pages and pages of people!! Most likely if you are reading this, i am thankful for you. I hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving with those around you! Cherish these moments and praise God for what you have! He is good!
I leave you with this:
- Psalm 95:1-6
"O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also. The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land. O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker."
Until next time-- oxox and Happy Thanksgiving! (Eat lots & lots por favor) :D
No comments:
Post a Comment