Que tal mis amigos, amigas y mi familia :)
This is my official first blog ever!! Aren't you excited? ha ha, i truly am. Forgive me if i blog incorrectly.. it's my first time but I think this will be a great way to keep notes of my journey to Puerto Rico :)
First of all- let me explain what I'll be doing in Puerto Rico. I will be there for six months working with CODAs (Children of Deaf Adults). There is no one there that is pouring into these youth, no one that can really relate to them, to do fun events with them, so here i am.... going to build relationships with these teens/children. To be a model for them, for them to realize what an amazing gift that God has given them. To explain to them they have so much worth because God loves them and wants to use them for His glory. I will be there to love on them, and to care for them, to hang out with them, there is so much to do.... and i cannot wait to do it. I want them to see the FATHER- I want them to experience God's love in their lives and once they see it/taste it/feel it/ they will never want anything else but GOD! I am so excited to see what God will do- i know i am nothing without God. Of course there will be more things that I'll be doing.. and i will update you on all the details while I'm there.
Secondly, God is sooo good. Yesterday while i was driving back from home in good ol' Williamston, SC- i put in Bethany Dillon CD. One song it mentioned how "Fear is such a thief". As, i thought about that- it's so true. Fear can steal away all the joy that God has placed within us- i hate it when my joy it taken away by fear. The "what ifs" that run through my mind- place fear in my heart... and today God showed me in 2 Timothy 1:7 how fear is not from God- that God places love in our heart. I have given God all of my fears, all of those doubts that run through my mind about finances while I'm in Puerto Rico- i know that God is going to provide, He promises that.
10 more days until I'm in the little island- i am so excited to make new friendships for God's glory. I cannot believe this is finally happening, i'm really going :)
Grace and peace to you all!
Ezelis! I am so excited for you! i've been praying for you! I love you so much!!!
ReplyDeleteBeinvenidos a blogger, Ezelis!
ReplyDeleteI think it was a God-thing that you wrote about 2 Tim 1:7 because it's one that He's put on my heart a lot lately!
<>< Katie