Stairs time :)
I got to teach my CODAs and my Deaf youth/kids at this retreat. We had such a blast together. I was really proud of them because they all stepped out of their comfort zones. They signed a song in ASL and acted out two dramas for the Deaf leaders. When they did these things in front of them- every single person's mouth dropped- because they are seeing their kids/youth minister to THEM. There were tears, laughter, lots of picture flashes, and love just poured into these CODAs- it was such a blessing to be a part of and to see. God was really present in this retreat i have NO doubt whatsoever. It is so neat to finally see these CODAs teens & kids be unified and get along. I see these kids with so many talents that they are starting to unleash and to show among their family, peers and church. One of my youth guys, is very shy, but when i asked him to pray he finally gave in. When he stood up and prayed all of us just stared at him because he prayed just like a pastor. His prayer was filled with joy, peace, honesty and when he said amen, all of us looked at each other and just in awe. Then we told him that he definitely has a gift of prayer and to keep on doing that. He was so encouraged because he never was really encouraged to pray- he found one of the gifts God has given him.
Happy December 1st to everyone!!
I seems impossible that it is December, it feels like i just got here to Puerto Rico.
I am leaving in 19 days for New Orleans to spend time with my family there.
You have no idea how excited i am to see my family and my friends but at the same time my heart is sad because i am going to miss everyone here so much- but i know this isn't goodbye but see you later. I know that whenever it is in God's timing i will return, i would love to. Pray for me as decisions are made in my life and that i am following God in what HE wants and not what i want. I am so blessed and it is such an honor to be used by God. I am so humbled and God has placed so much love in my life, it is unimaginable.
I am planning one more CODA youth retreat on December 10 & 11 for girls. Pray for us as we spend time in the word of God and fellowship! I love these retreats because each time we gather together the more joyful these girls are and the more i see growth in them! God is awesome!!! Thanks for your support and prayers for the CODA ministry, i covet your prayers for the next 3 weeks of my time here- pray it will be joyful and precious. I want these people to walk away from an encounter with me knowing i am real, loving, and that my life is being driven by Christ and my prayer is the same for them.
Lots of love to you all and Happy December!!!!
This picture was exciting because there was a concert in the mall- look at the pretty tree OooOOoo :)
Until then
oxox :)
Does it feel weird for it to be December and warm?
ReplyDelete<>< Katie
Not if you're from Florida and Christmas is normally spend in shorts and with the A/C on ;)
ReplyDeleteLove you Ezelis and I'm praying for your final days (for now at least) in PR and how God will direct your path afterwards :)