Thank you all so much for your prayers for my safety. I made it to the lovely island of Puerto Rico. It has been such a joy so far seeing all my precious friends!! I arrived last night around 7pm and one of my great friends, Jason, picked me up. It was just like old times & we picked right back up to where we left off- i love friendships like that.
I stayed at the missionaries house- David & Marsha Mitchell in Juana Diaz. This morning i came to the office (Puerto Rico Deaf Ministries) and i was greeted by more amazing people. Today has been a day where one CODA (Sandra) & I have been brainstorming about camp next week.
The camp is happening June 19-23 :) 5 day camp for the Deaf & their children. I am so excited to see what the Lord has in store for this week of camp. A LOT needs to be done, lots of planning, and lots of kids & teens are expected to come. I ask that you pray for Sandra & I as we plan what the Lord has in store. Sandra is 16 & such a great leader. I am so blessed to know her and i am so excited to see what the Lord is going to do through her during camp. We know that we are having some friends from the Dominican Republic come for camp- i am so excited to see some friends from that island. We might as well call it "Deaf Camp of the Islands" :) The Lord is going to MOVE! Pray for us, pray for strength, & wisdom.
Sandra & I
With a "I'm a christian now" book
shout outs to Lifeway ;)
Again, i cannot express to you how exciting it is to be back on this island, to share life with these people once more, and just embrace the fact that the Lord wanted me here at this time. I feel back at home and i thank the Lord that i still remember how to get around. The missionaries gave me the car and told me, "See you at the office" it was a great testing of my memory- (well i kinda took a wrong turn on a dead end street- shhhh but after that i made it). The Lord is so good! Continue to pray for me and pray that more funding will come through so i am able not just to support my stay here but to GIVE to others in what they need.
Until next time
sonrisas!!!
lm/

No comments:
Post a Comment